1523210 – Export translation settings (LXE_MASTER customizing)
It is necessary to transfer the translation administration settings (done in transaction LXE_MASTER) to another system or to back them up for later use.
LXE_MASTER customizing, translation settings
Reason and Prerequisites
The LXE_MASTER settings are considered local so they are intended to be set up locally in every translation system.
But it is sometimes desirable to reuse exactly the same settings in another system (or in same system after a reset etc.).
- 1. Move of translation to another, identical system.
- 2. Set up of a new translation system where the same settings should be used.
- 3. Reset of a translation system to an older state.
- 4. Text completeness check by means of worklist evaluation, e.g. in a test system.
As the settings are very system-specific (concerning packages, users etc.), it must be clear that it only makes sense to transfer them between systems that are on exactly the same software level. Also the translation users defined in lxe_master must exist as system users in the target system.
The language definitions are also client-specific. If you want to use the imported settings in a different client in your target system, you have to make the languages available there in a manual step:
LXE_MASTER->Languages (first tabstrip)->Languages per Client (third button from the top)->[select the current client]->Insert translation languages (or Insert all languages)->Save.
The settings can be now exported using the report RS_LXE_EXPORT_LXE_SETTINGS. The report creates a transport of copies containing all relevant tables. At import all settings are overwritten in the target system, if there are any.
The following can be relevant depending on the system type and transport settings of the systems concerned:
- At export the r3trans unconditional mode 1 must be used (because of the local table class of most of the lxe_master tables). Thus it is not possible to simply release the transport request in the transport workbench.
- At import the r3trans unconditional modes 9 and 8 have to be used, otherwise the local class tables are not imported.
- Description: Transport request description.
- Target: Transport target
- Export immediately: Transport request is released automatically (using the necessary unconditional mode)
- Basic: All internal LXE_MASTER settings are put into the request (translation languages, graphs, translation users, assignments, profiles, teams, translation groups)
- Object exceptions: Local translation exceptions (table LXE_LEXPT) are included
- Object comments: Object comments (created in the translation editor SE63) are included
Content is copyright by SAP